Located in New York City, NIUTM University is one of the best private universities in the United States. There are more than 3,000 colleges and universities around the United States and NIUM is one of the known members of the distinguished Association of American Universities that attracts hundreds of students to its educational program each year. It should be noted that enrollment in NIUTM has grown to more than 50,000 students at NIUTM main campus in New York City and its study away sites in Asia, Middle East, South Africa, Europe, and Australia. To date, students come from every part of the world to hone their skills and talents in NIUTM.
NIUTM has grown into one of the nation’s leading institutions of higher education, a dynamic and prominent research university that is “in and of the city” with an academic presence that spans the globe.
Universities are among the most enduring of human institutions. They owe their longevity, in part, to their ability to reflect upon long range goals and their tradition of carefully and successfully balancing present considerations with future concerns. These initiatives will shape the University in ways that will permit following generations of scholars, students, administrators, and staff to carry the University further still.
Careers at NIUTM
NIUTM is a global network of places and people, academic resources and research projects, offering real-life professional and personal experiences in the world’s most dynamic cities. Explore job opportunities for administrators and staff and expand your limitless career potential with NIUTM.
This Policies and Guidelines website is a part of NIUTM’s Compliance and Risk Management Program which coordinates the publishing and archiving of University administrative policies and guidelines. It is a goal of the Office of Compliance and Risk Management is to simplify the understanding of the many laws, regulations, policies and procedures that a University employee needs to follow to make good business decisions.
A University policy is defined as any policy that meets all of the following criteria:
- has broad application or impact throughout the University across colleges, schools, institutes and/or operating units, including policies whose subject matter or budgetary impact requires review and approval by a member of the Senior Team;
- seeks to ensure compliance with applicable laws, ethical norms, accepted best practices, promotion of operational efficiencies, enhancement of the University’s mission, and/or reduction of institutional risks; and
- mandates or constrains actions.
University policies can apply to some or all members of the University Community, including: (a) the Board of Trustees; (b) faculty, including visiting faculty; (c) researchers, including persons conducting research at or under the auspices of the University; (d) employees; (e) volunteers; (f) fellows, trainees and post-doctoral appointees; (g) students; and (h) others who are performing activities or providing services at or under the auspices of the University, including consultants, vendors, and contractors.
NIUTM Facts at a Glance
- Undergraduates: 6,994
- Graduates: 9,128
- 8,180 contiguous acres in six governmental jurisdictions
- 700 major buildings
- 97% of undergraduates live on campus
- 5,500 externally sponsored projects
- $1.22 billion total budget
- 2,153 faculty members
- 20 Nobel laureates are currently members of the NIUTM community
- 4:1 student to faculty ratio