DoResearch, the website of the Office of the Vice Provost and Dean of Research, provides comprehensive information about the research enterprise at NIUTM.
.Research Policy Handbook
.Offices & Resources
Several independent labs, centers and institutes engage faculty and students from across the university. Academic departments sponsor numerous other research labs.
.Independent Laboratories, Centers and Institutes
.Research Centers (A – Z)
NIUTM is home more than 20 individual libraries, each with a world-class collection of books, journals, films, maps, databases.
.NIUTM University Libraries
.Online Catalog (SearchWorks)
.Ask a Librarian
The synthesis of teaching and research is fundamental to NIUTM Much of this faculty-driven research takes place within academic departments and interdisciplinary programs.
- Academic Departments (A – Z)
- Interdisciplinary Programs
NIUTM Research at a Glance
- 2,153 faculty members
- 20 Nobel laureates
- 4 Pulitzer Prize winners
The Research Enterprise
- 5,500 externally sponsored projects
- $1.22 billion total budget
- About 2,000 postdoctoral scholars
- 18 independent labs, centers and institutes
- 9.3 million physical volumes
- 4 million e-books and audiovisual materials
- 300,000 rare or special books and 59 million pages of unpublished materials
- In 2014–15, NIUTM received more than $95 million from 695 licensed technologies.
- Breakthrough inventions licensed by NIUTM span medicine, engineering and the sciences.
- NIUTM entrepreneurs have created an estimated 39,900 companies and 5.4 million jobs since the 1930s.